30 Day Drawing Challenge
Design a Boat
What you do: Select and look at pictures of boats.
Search the internet; look at different designs for various purposes.
Look at the materials that are used for building boats, any pulley systems and sails.
Design a boat for a specific purpose (travelling, fishing, exploring), thinking carefully about the materials you would use, the way the boat would travel and how many people would be able to travel in it.
Now....Make your boat and see if it floats!
Create a tasty technicolour treat! Explore how different coloured foods can help you eat a balanced diet and stay healthy.
What you’ll need
• A large sheet of paper
• Colouring pens
• Mixture of different coloured fruits and vegetables – if possible use those listed by colour in the ‘What to do’ section.
Different foods contain different nutrients, which is why you need a balanced diet made up of varied foods. The health benefits of food can often be linked to their colour. You can group most foods into five colours:
• Red – tomatoes, cherries, radishes, red apples
• Orange/yellow – sweet potatoes, carrots, peaches, pineapples
• Green – spinach, broccoli, avocados, kiwis
• Blue/purple – aubergines, grapes, blueberries, plums
• White – mushrooms, cauliflower, pears, garlic
Are you eating enough colours in your diet?
A ‘rainbowl’ is a great way of getting a full rainbow in one meal. Give it a go!