Monday 23rd March:
Tricky words: Play the phase 2 and 3 tricky word songs. Links below.
- Write the tricky words as the song plays on a piece of paper.
- Write 2/3 sentences using one of the phase 3 tricky words.
- Play the game https://epicphonics.com/games/play/free-tricky-word-balloons
Tuesday 24th March 2020
Writing words and captions:
- Use the images to write the words on a whiteboard or paper. Don’t forget your sound buttons.
- Discuss what other words can you think of that begin with the sounds j, v, x, y, sh, ch, th.
- Write the words down with a picture if you can.
Wednesday 25th March:
1. Choose any 5 sounds your child needs help with. Go on a walk around your house and find 5-10 objects that begin with those sounds. Place them in a basket/box.
2. Can you sort them into groups of what sound they begin with?
3. Can you attempt to write those words?
4. Play the phonics pop game.
Thursday 26th March:
Sensory writing practice: Choose one of the activities to do
1. Using anything sensory (salt, flour, sugar, sand) fill a small shallow tray. Using your finger or a paintbrush, think about what words/sounds you can make. Sound out a word for your child to write in the tray. If they find this difficult, write the word on paper for them to copy.
2. You will need a chalkboard and paintbrush. Write some words on chalkboard and trace over them using a wet paintbrush, sounding out as you trace. (as in the photo)
Should you not have chalkboard use a whiteboard to trace over.
Friday 27th March:
Reading practice: Log on to https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/ Create a free account if you haven’t already. Choose the level for your child and do some reading with your child, attempt any activities on the website. Video or take a photo of your child reading.