*Remote Home Learning*
Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome to Year 1’s remote home learning lessons!
We hope these notes will help you navigate this new process.
At the beginning of each week:
- You will be able to access a PowerPoint with fake and real words for your child to read. This should be practised daily to support their reading and to prepare for their phonics test. We suggest doing this first thing, before any other work.
- You will receive a list of spelling words. Please encourage your child practise these daily and then test them at the end of the week (you do not need to notify of us of the result).
- In addition to this, there will be timetables of work (and teaching resources to support the adult leading the activity) for Maths and English, plus a piece of topic work. We strongly suggest that the timetables are followed daily and the completed work is uploaded daily for marking by your class teacher.
- Remember to continue to listen to your child read for at least 15 minutes a day. To help you support your child with their reading, within the English folder below, you will find some reading support cards for prediction, questioning and inference.
Accessing the set work here or from Arbor and uploading it for marking:
- Some worksheets can be downloaded and completed on the computer. This can then be saved and uploaded to Arbor for marking.
- Some worksheets or activities will need to be printed off to be completed. You will then need to photograph the completed work and upload the photo so it can be marked by your class teacher.
Work can only be uploaded to Arbor.
Ms Raza, Mrs Wilson, Ms Florent & Mrs Gerrard