VISION: WHERE WE ARE GOING AS A SCHOOL
Children at Firs Farm thrive academically and emotionally in a supportive and welcoming environment. We celebrate difference and make sure children are proud of their own and each other’s heritage. We develop global citizens ready for the challenge of the future in the international city that is London. Our curriculum is designed so that children are the best they can be and strive for excellence. By providing opportunities to perform, take part in sports and experiences beyond the classroom we equip children with independence, resilience and teamwork.
VALUES THAT WE EXPECT CHILDREN, STAFF
AND FAMILIES TO UPHOLD
- We are kind to each other and ourselves.
- Being kind means we can learn and play safely and happily.
- We remember to be kind to all the teachers and adults in the school.
- We show compassion and empathy to others including those in need of support and who are less fortunate than others.
- We treat everyone with equal kindness and consideration.
- We show respect at all times.
- We respect the truth and are always honest.
- We uphold the Rights of all children as defined by UNICEF (Article 12) and are Rights Respecting School.
- We respect the rights of all children to a safe and happy education.
- We show respect to our friends and all adults.
- We respect the rules and help others to do the same.
- We respect the environment locally, nationally and internationally and do all we can to improve these outcomes.
- We respect what our teachers says and follow their instructions.
- We respect our grounds and building so that we are always safe.
- We never give up and always strive to be the best we can be In this way we achieve excellence in everything we do.
- We understand what we need to do to and ask for help when we need it.
- We are able to spot our mistakes and use this to improve.
- We develop our resilience and use our Growth Mindset to overcome obstacles.
- By applying our skills and knowledge, we can solve problems across a range of different subjects and contexts.
- We help our friends be the best that they can through teamwork and support.
- Everyone belongs at Firs Farm. There are no outsiders.
- We work together as a team to improve our learning and enjoy school life.
- We uphold the belief that everyone is equal and are treated fairly
- Our House Teams give us a sense of belonging within the Firs Farm community.