Capacity - To measure, compare, add and subtract capacity (l/ml)
This week's maths focuses on capacity. It can be made into a fun interactive maths learning week based on the idea of reading measures (l/ml)
- Use a measuring jug with l/ml marked on the scales or be creative and simply draw a scale onto paper.
- Reading the scale accurately is the key maths concept.
- Take your time to play with water and measuring jugs to see the capacity!
- The weekly lesson develops this basic skill to being able to identify and compare measures into a Friday Quiz.
- Make up your own questioning to develop reasoning and questioning skills: is it more? is it less than? what is the difference?
Enjoy this week's maths learning and have fun as it can be adapted to both inside outside learning fun!