Week 1: 1st June 2020
Our Phonics activities for this week:
Home Activity 1:
Let’s practise all your tricky words:
Attempt to read and write phase 2 and 3 tricky words.
Phase 2: I, no, go, to, the, into
Phase 3: he, she, we, me, be, was, my, you, her, they, all, are
Practice only reading Phase 4 words: some, one, said, come, do, so, were, when, have, there, out, like, little, what
If your child is confident they could attempt writing Phase 4 words.
Home - School Activity 2:
Look at the seaside picture, what objects can you see? (Use the + signs to focus them to certain objects if they find difficulty)
Discuss with your adult.
Can you write some sentences to describe the picture of the seaside?
Don’t forget to use your sounds to help you sound out the words. Use finger spaces and full stops if you can too.
If you cannot think of a sentence, your adult could help you begin your sentences with these starters:
I can see a…
On the sand / In the sea there is…
It is a …
Home - School Activity 3:
Phase 4: Reading CVCC words: Your child should be able to attempt this task as they have practiced reading CVC words in school.
An example using the word Tent:
1. Display a CVC word on a whiteboard or piece of paper which can be extended by one consonant to become a CVCC word (e.g. tent).
2. Cover the final consonant and ‘sound-talk’ and blend the first three graphemes (e.g. t-e-n ten).
3. Ask your child to do the same.
4. Sound-talk the word again, t-e-n and as you say the n, reveal the final consonant and say -t tent.
5. Repeat point 4. with your child joining in.
Repeat with other words such as bend, mend, hump, bent, damp, bunk, wind.