Black Heritage Group (BH Group)
FIRS FARM BLACK HERITAGE GROUP (BH)
The Firs Farm Black Heritage comprises parent/carers, staff and governors. It was formed following a diversity audit in which it was identified that a group that promotes children of Black Heritage and their experiences would be of benefit to the whole school community.
The aims of the group are:
- Support the subject leads and leadership team with developing a curriculum that represents children and families of Black Heritage.
- Support the reading lead and leadership in developing representative reading and learning environments
- Promoting Black excellence and achievement and supporting children of Black Heritage to meet their potential at Firs Farm and at subsequent stages of education.
Please see the action plan below for full details.
Over the past 2 years the group has:
- Supported the Reading Lead in developing a diversity book spine and raising funds to purchase the books for use in book corners and as core texts (read to the class by teachers)
- Supported curriculum reviews and offered advice where necessary
- Helped the school improve Black History Month (e.g. returning it to a fortnight) and our celebration of Windrush.
- Raised funds to support identified children in a Saturday School (NIA academy)
- As an ongoing project to develop a careers day.
The group meet regularly (approx every half term) after school.
The next meeting is the BH Group AGM where we will discuss the next steps for the group. The meeting is on:
THURSDAY 9TH NOVEMBER AT 4.30pm
If you are planning to attend please let us know by either completing the form below or via email email@example.com. sch.uk.
If you have any questions for the group please email or use the form below .
Black Heritage Group: Action Plan and Minutes
BH Group Contact Form
Please use this form if you have any questions or if you are planning to come to the next meeting (it gives us an idea of numbers).