PE and Sport Premium
Year 3 & 4 Mini Marathon
Sports Day 2021
On Friday 16th July, Firs Farm enjoyed a fantastic and sunny Sports Day in their Bubbles. Sports coaches from Tottenham Hotspur Foundation alongside Coach Miah joined us in what was an incredible day. The energy and motivation on the day was outstanding and participation from all was something we are proud of.
Activities for Reception, year 1 and year 2 included:
- Space hopper races,
- Running shuttle races
- Cones and dishes
- Mini hurdles.
In years 3 to year 6 children enjoyed:
- Tri-Golf – Golf activity was a plastic golf club is used to hit a target accurately.
- Boccia – A French bowling activity.
- Football bowling – Kicking the football to knock down a set of skittles/objects.
- Shuttle race – running and touching a base, in a team, repetitive shuttles until whole team completes shuttle run!
- Slalom football dribbling – Dribbling a football around a set of cones with skill and precision.
- Relay races and 50m running track sprinting – Baton relay races and Sprint races with Ms. Johnson.
Well done to all the children and staff for giving their very best efforts on the day! It was a well deserved and thoroughly missed Sports day 2021.
A huge well done to Oak Team House who came in 1st Place this year! Please enjoy looking at the photographs taken on the day.
Each year the government gives all schools additional funding for Sports & PE (Sports Premium). This money is designed to improve the provision of sports, PE and dance in schools. Below is the review of how we allocated the money in 2019-20. Due to the Covid lockdown in the Spring/Summer we have been unable to give a detailed review of the effectiveness of the strategy. Our 2020-21 strategy will be uploaded during Autumn 2 2020.